Clinical Consultant to Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS)- Bangor - $1500 Sign On Bonus
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Spurwink is hiring experienced clinicians to provide clinical consultation, training and support to staff at Office of Child and Family Services. Join Spurwink as we launch this new and important program supporting child welfare staff in serving Maine's children and families. Responsibilities will include providing in person consultation in OCFS District office, develop and deliver on identified training topics, review child welfare records and provide case specific consultation and respond to critical incidents with debriefing as needed. Experience in child welfare, foster care and mental health settings required. Experience with clinical consultation or supervision, training and critical incident debriefing preferred. Excellent training, supervision and support provided.
This position also includes a $1500 sign on bonus, $750 paid upon 3 months of full -time employment, $750 paid after 6 months of employment.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
Don’t apply to just any job. Jumpstart your career with Spurwink by getting in touch with us today.
** If a new hire changes status to either part-time or per diem status during any of that timeframe, they will forfeit the sign on bonus that is yet to be paid.
1. Provide in-person and by phone clinical consultation to OCFS child welfare and intake staff and child welfare community providers
2. Review OCFS records to support effective and case specific clinical consultation.
3. Obtain certification in Critical Incident and Stress Management (CISM)
4. Provide Critical Incident and Stress Management (CISM) within required timelines to OCFS child welfare and intake staff and child welfare community providers including but not limited to debriefing, defusing, grief and loss and crisis management supports.
5. Provide input, guidance, and research with a goal of strengthening the Department’s response to Critical Incident(s) and improving Department staff functioning, upon request of the Department.
6. Prepare clinical training materials to be presented to OCFS child welfare and intake staff and child welfare community providers including training curriculum, hand-outs, sing-in sheets, evaluations and certificates for the purposes of documenting staff continuing education.
7. Provide in-person clinical trainings to OCFS child welfare and intake staff and child welfare community providers
8. Maintain currency on clinical and child welfare national best practices and relevant topics in order to provide high quality training and consulting to OCFS staff. Topics include but not limited to Motivational Interviewing/Behavior Change, Effective Parenting, Substance Use disorders, and Trauma Informed practice.
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited school required. Independently licensed in the state of Maine as an LCSW or LCPC preferred however conditional licenses considered. Must maintain required licensing and certification throughout the duration of employment with Spurwink in this role.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years fostercare, child welfare and/or mental health experience.
Spurwink is a equal opportunity employer.