*1.Record all cash received by the agency on a daily basis.
• Match invoice or claim forms to remittance statements for each cash receipt.
• Post all cash and denials received to the appropriate accounts receivable program, both on and off-line.
• Maintain fiscal year Excel spreadsheet cash journal for cash received for entire agency.
• Reconcile the cash receipt journal to the bank deposit slip daily and for month end close.
• Forward copies of rejected claims to Collections Representative for follow up.
• Maintain process for receipt of MaineCare recoupments and additional payment adjustments.
• File and/or scan original receipts in the accounts receivable paid file.
*2.Process all A/R adjustments in current computer software system that has been approved by the Patient Accounts Manager and/or CFO.
• Un-apply and Reverse cash through special function.
• Perform Special Processing to repair accounts that have been written off or paid in error.
• Perform Bad Debt and Revenue adjustments.
• Create Adjustment Credits and Debits when necessary.
• Enter corrected charges, as needed.
*3.Perform other accounts receivable functions as necessary.
• Maintain the accounts receivable file, both open and paid files.
• File and/or scan and track all non MaineCare Credit Memos
• File and/or scan all approved and processed adjustment forms.
*4.Perform other cash related functions.
• Resolve unapplied cash.
• Perform other cash related reconciliations as needed.
5. Assist in A/R related matters for the year end audits or audits by third party funding agencies.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.