Human Resource Recruiter
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Spurwink is seeking a Full-Time HR Recruiter with demonstrated knowledge of personnel recruitment laws, including all state and federal employment laws and regulations. The candidate should have a background in human resources policies and procedures and an ability to establish priorities and implement a logical plan with an understanding of agency regulations, licensing, and certifications.
An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential to establishing a positive public relations contact. The candidate will interact with a wide variety of people, including directors, supervisors, employees, applicants, and representatives of outside institutions and agencies.
A working knowledge of office procedures and practices, considerable knowledge of computer software and database management and excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
- Manages the employment function and establishes recruiting requirements by studying organizational plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs. Ensures multicultural awareness and promotes diversity in all recruitment practices.
- Builds applicant sources by researching, contacting and fostering relationships with community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organizations with information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Leverages Spurwink’s Mission, Vision, and Values as the foundation for promoting Spurwink as the employer of choice. Actively engages candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Explores new and creative advertising options that attract qualified candidates.
- Serves as primary point of contact and represents Spurwink at job fairs and college recruiting events.
- Manages and processes all requests for creating and/or updating job descriptions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values at Spurwink.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications and collaboratively working with hiring managers.
- Schedules, coordinates, and/or conducts interviews across the agency as required to enhance the on-boarding approach to hiring.
- Oversees detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and emphasizing the value of benefits and opportunities.
- Oversees and monitors compilation and reporting of recruitment and retention metrics.
- Manages intern and volunteer programs by coordinating the recruitment, application, interviewing and/or onboarding process for all potential interns and volunteers.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; working with managers on matters related to federal and state laws; recommending new procedures; and conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Actively serves on various committees as determined by the needs of the organization and the Professional Development Director.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Duties require knowledge of human resources equivalent to completion of a Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a health care or mental health care setting is preferred.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.