|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to build a career rather than just take a job? Do you want an employer who offers competitive pay while understanding the importance of work-life balance? Do you want a fast-paced career that challenges you, and makes a difference in your community? If yes, Spurwink is hiring hard working candidates like you to become Activities Coordinator at their facility in Parsonsfield.
Learn to deliver state-of-the-art care to adults with intellectual disabilities, and jumpstart a fulfilling career with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Help patients develop and strengthen interpersonal and coping skills, while guiding them to create positive relationships with family and peers. In this role, you will serve as an invaluable role model to those in need. This position coordinates community and home activities for adults with developmental disabilities to participate in that support their interests and abilities.
This position includes pay differentials for weekends and night shifts. Weekend shifts will be paid an additional $2.00/hr, night shifts will be paid an additional $1.00/hr.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
Don’t apply to just any job. Jumpstart your career with Spurwink by getting in touch with us today.
Offer recreational activities for the Spurwink residents to participate in that support their interests and abilities. This is accomplished through accessing community resources, researching opportunities, involving the individuals being supported, and coordinating with the direct support staff, clinical staff and management. Other essential functions include providing direct support to the residents during activities, traveling and transporting residents to activities, communicating instructions, organizing events, creating and posting calendar of events/activities, documenting activity reports, ordering supplies, and managing money and expenses related to activities.
- 30 credit hours toward Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field (occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, social work, speech-language, pathology, audiology, dietetics, education to human services) and 40 hours in-service training.
- Associates degree in a related field.
- 4 years full time experience with 160 hours in-service training, at least 40 of which were in the last year.
- Medication Administration Certification: At least 4 years experience working in the field (i.e., social services or health care)
- At least 2 years professional experience performing job duties similar to the activities coordinator position
- Professional certification in Activities position or recreational therapist
- CRMA certified or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment (for the ICF Group Home only)
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.