Certified Recovery Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Come join a vibrant, interdisciplinary team serving the complex needs of adults with and opioid use disorder in the greater Portland area. We are looking for a collaborative, engaging, and driven Certified Recovery Specialist to join our new Medication Assisted Treatment program.
1. Knowledge of and maintain community relationships/resources.
2. Engages program participants through direct contact and support.
3. Directly encourages consumer voice.
4. Coaches participants towards developing satisfying, hopeful and fulfilling lives as defined by the program participant.
5. Assist participants in identifying and pursuing their recovery goals.
6. Maintain records, EHR, and documentation as required by Spurwink or State Agencies.
7. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with participant’s Treatment Team.
8. Actively participates in supervision with direct supervisor.
9. Actively uses relevant aspects of motivational interviewing, life coaching, WRAP, and peer support to engage participants.
10. Complies with agency policies and procedures.
11. Clearly respects the need for participant confidentiality.
12. Assist clients with wellness needs by encouraging healthy habits, i.e. quitting smoking, losing weight, healthy eating, etc.
13. Links clients with primary care providers and medical care.
14. Creates and maintains working relationships with community health providers.
15. Attend medical and dental appointments as appropriate, with patient, for support and/or advocacy.
16. Support patient with scheduling, making and actively engaging in medical and dental appointments.
17. Ability to work independently and provide reports on progress to supervisor.
18. Ability to outreach to patients in sometimes intimidating environments such as Preble Street Resource Center or outdoor encampments, and others.
19. And, those other assignments appropriate to the position as determined by the Program Director or Program Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent, two year degree/some college preferred. Recovery Coach certification.
Spurwink is a equal opportunity employer.