Spurwink Services is seeking a motivated Clinical Support Specialist to work full time (40 hours) in our busy, team-oriented Adult Behavioral Health office in Portland. The candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and computer savvy with the ability to multi-task.
The qualified candidate will have excellent customer service skills and sensitivity to individuals who may be experiencing trauma or stress. Ability to work well in a team is a must. The ability to create and manage Excel and Word documents as needed. Effective oral and written communication skills and telephone skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required. Must have computer skills and be able to learn and work in Spurwink’s electronic health records.
1. Develop and maintain accurate, orderly and accessible data tracking spreadsheets related to program, contract and grant requirements and outcomes.
2. Track needed information. Generate and submit reports.
3. Perform data entry into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) including enrollments, transfers, discharges, demographic information, and insurance/billing information for all services in region. Scan or enter other required documentation into the EMR.
4. Enter admission, billing and clinical information in external data bases for multiple services, including Registrations, Prior Authorizations, Continued Stay Reviews, Discharges, Incident Reports, etc. Monitor staff authorizations and address unbillable events.
5. Perform chart audits to ensure requisite documents are present. Provide notices to staff when paperwork or case extensions are due or missing. Process time-sensitive records requests.
6. Assist staff with adherence to contract and licensing requirements.
7. Participate in weekly supervision, and Regional, Division, and Agency meetings and forums meetings, when requested take notes and provide timely final documents that are kept on file.
8. Complete fiscal duties that include: Preparing Fee for Service Payroll, billable expectations, and check requisitions of program staff.
9. Maintain staff confidentiality and perform a variety of human resources tasks such as, but not limited to: Complete ESRs and NAFs. Scan supervision logs and performance counseling plans. Assist in orienting new staff to Spurwink, Division and Regional procedures; preparing and scheduling new hires for central hiring orientation meetings, follow-up with new staff regarding missing paperwork; and assisting HR with follow-up from monthly reports regarding licenses/certifications, training, and performance appraisals.
10. Demonstrate CARE principles in interactions with all staff, clients, guardians, and other providers.
11. Maintain a current Maine driver's license and a clean driving record as outlined in Spurwink's Driving Policy.
12. Complete tasks and projects assigned by the Director and/or his/her designee.