Insurance specialist - Affiliate practices
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Spurwink’s Affiliate Practices program is seeking a full-time, friendly insurance specialist to work with our statewide team of independently licensed contractors/affiliates. Our staff is a group of supportive colleagues and supervisors, offers hourly flexibility with a large focus on self-care. The successful candidate should have strong work ethic, be organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, be computer savvy and have a good sense of humor. Should be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with our team of support personnel. Good listening and communication skills are a must. This position involves much accuracy in keyboarding and data entry so ability to type/keyboard accurately and efficiently is a priority. Experience in a mental health or medical facility is a plus. MaineCare and private insurance billing would also be beneficial however not required. Should be comfortable learning new computer databases. We look forward to meeting you!
1. Perform responsibilities related to client insurance coverage including verifications and authorizations.
2. Respond to phone calls from clinicians, payers, clients regarding insurance and billing issues
• Prepare reports from EHR for tracking and correction purposes
3. Work closely with Spurwink Billing Department and Patient Accounts manager to address and resolve Affiliate billing and insurance issues and attend meetings as necessary.
4. Work closely with the Affiliate support staff team to assist with data collections specialists’ tasks and other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Affiliate Practices Manager.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Requirements: Prior experience with Medicare, Maine Care, and other third party payers preferred. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively is a must, as are excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate must possess a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment. Experience with personal computer spreadsheets and database packages, including Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.