1. Provide regular contact and supervision to all scheduled staff working in the home.
2. Maintain a monthly staffing calendar, manage requests for scheduled time off, and approve final time submissions.
3. Conduct bi-weekly supervision that includes review of client progress, review of safety matters, and time for staff to reflect on and discuss current issues.
4. Provide support and direction for staff when areas of concern arises.
5. Communicate professionally with staff, clients, family members, community members, department staff, and other Spurwink staff.
6. Assure that the home meets licensing and/or Spurwink standards for safety, cleanliness, is properly furnished and comfortable, and is adequately supplied with food/ household items.
7. Facilitate PCP meetings, writes the PCP, and assure that all plans are integrated.
8. Assure that the PCP is followed, including regular review of progress notes and data sheets, and assurance that service needs are completed and documented.
9. Take part in the on-call process, responding to calls promptly and professionally, and utilize sound judgment to solve problems, seeking additional support when necessary.
10. Keep accurate and well organized files required by licensing, MaineCare, and Spurwink policy. Maintain confidentiality of all personnel and clients.
11. Assure completion of all necessary documents for the case file.
12. Is knowledgeable about the individuals on his/her caseload. Educate, motivate, and provide support to Direct Support Professionals (including new hires), so that they can complete their jobs.
13. Understand, utilize, and assist DSPs with the principles taught in behavior management training.
14. Performs the duties of the Direct Support Professional.