Come join a vibrant interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, social workers, and case managers helping meet the behavioral health needs of adults in the Greater Portland Community. The Spurwink Mental Health Center has been serving people with serious mental illness for 27 years. With growing Assertive Community Treatment, Behavioral Health Home, and Psychiatry programs, we are looking for a committed, caring, and good-humored Nurse to join our team.
1) Demonstrate respect for participants’ self-determination, motivation, skills, and priorities, with the goal of optimizing participant recovery.
2) Effectively engage, assesse, monitor, educate, coordinate, and provide interventions for participants and families to improve quality of care and participant health outcomes.
3) Provide participant, family/caregiver teaching and education about health and wellness, safety factors, self-management skills, medications, self-monitoring, action plans, long-term planning, when and how to access care.
4) Conduct in-person visits with participants in the community, in participants’ homes, hospitals and care facilities, physician offices, based on the participants’ needs.
5) Facilitate group treatment and education interventions.
6) Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team, by providing health information related to participant medical history and needs, medications, co-morbidities, immunizations, dietary needs and the behavioral, social, psychological and environmental determinants of health.
7) Assist treatment team with development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of ISPs, and document ongoing nursing care and interventions in the electronic health record and elsewhere
8) Maintain regular contact, effectively collaborate with, and facilitate referrals to community providers to advocate on behalf of, and improve the care for, participants. Adhere to procedures and practices outlined in Health Home MOUs.
9) Maintain expectations related to caseload size, billing and attestation requirements.
10) Maintain required records and documentation. Collect, track and submit participant related data to support evaluation of participant outcomes, program goals and performance.
11) Serve as a resource for staff, colleagues, and external members of a participant’s care team.
12) Provide back-up for Medical Assistant to coordinate delivery of samples from drug reps, Enroll/ re-enroll patients in the patient assistance programs, administer antipsychotic injections and oral medications, pack medication caddies, and assist with appointment scheduling.
13) Know and comply with policies and procedures. Comply with scope of nursing practice per Maine State Board of Nursing
14) Maintain a current Maine driver's license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record as outlined in Spurwink's Driving Policy.
15) Other duties as assigned.
Must be a registered nurse, or a psychiatric nurse licensed as a registered professional nurse by the state where services are provided and certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a psychiatric and mental health nurse; or a PMH-APRN who is licensed as a nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist by the state where services are provided, who has graduated from a child and adolescent or adult psychiatric and mental health nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist program and is certified by the appropriate national certifying body; or an advanced practice nurse, as defined by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
Three years of post-licensure experience in community health nursing, primary care, hospital, or psychiatric nursing preferred. Experience working with individuals with significant mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, and developmental disabilities. Knowledge of psychosocial, mental health and vocational assessments, counseling theory such as MI, CBT, and DBT, and physical and psychological effects of mental illness and substance abuse. Must possess high level organizational and time management skills. Must be computer literate, able to generate presentations and present basic data summaries, able to navigate an electronic health record, and use HealthInfoNet.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.