Medical Assistant - Adult Behavioral Health
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Come join a vibrant interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, social workers, and case managers helping meet the behavioral health needs of adults in the Greater Portland Community. The Spurwink Mental Health Center has been serving people with serious mental illness for 27 years. With growing Assertive Community Treatment, Behavioral Health Home, and Psychiatry programs, we are looking for a committed, caring, and good-humored Medical Assistant to join our team.
1) Administrative duties including answering telephones, updating and filing medical records, scheduling appointments, and other administrative duties as needed.
2) Coordinate delivery of samples, and schedule meetings with drug reps.
3) Administer antipsychotic injections and oral medications, pack medication caddies.
4) Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team, by providing health information related to participant medical history and needs, medications, co-morbidities, and immunizations, etc.
5) Manage incoming patient and outside provider phone calls to providers. Screen and respond to calls and communicate outcomes to providers to enhance coordination of care.
6) Effectively collaborate with, and facilitate referrals to community providers. Adhere to procedures and practices outlined in Health Home MOUs.
7) Track service authorizations and complete continuing stay reviews.
8) Secure and track prescription authorizations. Assist providers and patients with contacting the pharmacy. Enroll/ re-enroll patients in the patient assistance programs.
9) Obtain necessary pre and post treatment vital signs and perform basic laboratory tests. Communicate findings to provider and complete related documentation.
10) Greet patients and assist with gathering preliminary information and necessary paperwork for patient visit.
11) And those other assignments appropriate to the position as determined by the Supervisor and/or designee.
Successful completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited vocational institution or community college and/or certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistant). Must maintain required licensing and certification throughout the duration of employment with Spurwink in this role. One to two years of experience preferred.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|