Human Resource Recruiter - $1000 Sign on bonus
|Salary Range:||$16 - $18|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Spurwink is seeking a Full-Time HR Recruiter with demonstrated knowledge of personnel recruitment laws, including all state and federal employment laws and regulations. The candidate should have a background in human resources policies and procedures and an ability to establish priorities and implement a logical plan with an understanding of agency regulations, licensing, and certifications.
An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential to establishing a positive public relations contact. The candidate will interact with a wide variety of people, including directors, supervisors, employees, applicants, and representatives of outside institutions and agencies.
A working knowledge of office procedures and practices, considerable knowledge of computer software and database management and excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
$1000 sign on bonus!!
Many positions include sign on bonuses that are available to full-time newly hired staff. The first half of the sign on bonus ($500) will be paid after 90 days of full-time employment and the second half of the sign on bonus ($500) will be paid after six months of full time employment. If a new hire changes status to either part-time or per diem status during any of that timeframe, they will forfeit the sign on bonus that is yet to be paid.
- Manages the employment function and establishes recruiting requirements by studying organizational plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs. Ensures multicultural awareness and promotes diversity in all recruitment practices.
- Builds applicant sources by researching, contacting and fostering relationships with community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organizations with information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Leverages Spurwink’s Mission, Vision, and Values as the foundation for promoting Spurwink as the employer of choice. Actively engages candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Explores new and creative advertising options that attract qualified candidates.
- Serves as primary point of contact and represents Spurwink at job fairs and college recruiting events.
- Manages and processes all requests for creating and/or updating job descriptions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values at Spurwink.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications and collaboratively working with hiring managers.
- Schedules, coordinates, and/or conducts interviews across the agency as required to enhance the on-boarding approach to hiring.
- Oversees detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and emphasizing the value of benefits and opportunities.
- Oversees and monitors compilation and reporting of recruitment and retention metrics.
- Manages intern and volunteer programs by coordinating the recruitment, application, interviewing and/or onboarding process for all potential interns and volunteers.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; working with managers on matters related to federal and state laws; recommending new procedures; and conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Actively serves on various committees as determined by the needs of the organization and the Professional Development Director.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Duties require knowledge of human resources equivalent to completion of a Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required to travel in own vehicle throughout the state to recruitment events. Experience working in a health care or mental health care setting is preferred.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.