Cash Applications Clerk
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Maintain and Record payments received by the agency.
1.Record all cash received by the agency on a daily basis.
• Match invoice or claim forms to remittance statements for each cash receipt.
• Post all cash and denials received to the appropriate accounts receivable program, both on and off-line.
• Maintain fiscal year Excel spreadsheet cash journal for cash received for entire agency.
• Reconcile the cash receipt journal to the bank deposit slip daily and for month end close.
• Forward copies of rejected claims to Collections Representative for follow up.
• Maintain process for receipt of MaineCare recoupments and additional payment adjustments.
• File and/or scan original receipts in the accounts receivable paid file.
*2.Process all A/R adjustments in current computer software system that has been approved by the Patient Accounts Manager and/or CFO.
• Un-apply and Reverse cash through special function.
• Perform Special Processing to repair accounts that have been written off or paid in error.
• Perform Bad Debt and Revenue adjustments.
• Create Adjustment Credits and Debits when necessary.
• Enter corrected charges, as needed.
*3.Perform other accounts receivable functions as necessary.
• Maintain the accounts receivable file, both open and paid files.
• File and/or scan and track all non MaineCare Credit Memos
• File and/or scan all approved and processed adjustment forms.
*4.Perform other cash related functions.
• Resolve unapplied cash.
• Perform other cash related reconciliations as needed.
5. Assist in A/R related matters for the year end audits or audits by third party funding agencies.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Three or more years experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Necessary: A minimum of two years experience in a medical billing office setting. Accounting and/or cash posting experience necessary. Experience with electronic cash posting procedures (EFT, HIPAA 835) is most helpful. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively, must be detail oriented, and must be able to problem solve medium level accounting issues. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Willingness to work effectively in a team oriented environment. Experience with personal computer spreadsheets and database packages, including Excel, Microsoft Word, and Accounts Receivable financial software is required.
Spurwink is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|