Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Spurwink is seeking a Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist
(CIPSS) to join our growing Adult Behavioral Health Home program for
16 hours per week.
The CIPSS will be a member of an interdisciplinary team working
alongside Behavioral Health Coordinators and Nurse Care Managers.
The CIPSS is an individual who has direct experience with mental health
and/or drug addiction recovery who has achieved an adequate level of
stability to allow them to function in this role.
Travel within both Cumberland and York County is required. Mileage is
reimbursed for work-related travel.
• Knowledge of and maintain community relationships/resources
• Engages program participants through direct contact and support
• Directly encourages consumer voice
• Coaches participants towards developing satisfying, hopeful and fulfilling lives as defined by the program participant.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Spurwink Mental Health Center's Treatment Team.
• Actively participates in supervision with direct supervisor.
• Actively uses relevant aspects of motivational interviewing, life coaching, WRAP, and peer support to engage participants.
• Complies with agency policies and procedures.
• Clearly respects the need for participant confidentiality.
• Assist clients with wellness needs by encouraging healthy habits, i.e. quitting smoking, losing weight, healthy eating, etc.
• Links clients with primary care providers and medical care.
• Creates and maintains working relationships with community health providers.
• Attend medical and dental appointments as appropriate, with patient, for support and/or advocacy.
• Support patient with scheduling, making and actively engaging in medical and dental appointments.
• Ability to work independently and provide reports on progress to supervisor.
• Ability to outreach to patients in sometimes intimidating environments such as Preble Street Resource Center or outdoor encampments, and others.
• Maintain records, EHR, and documentation as required by Spurwink or State Agencies
High school diploma or equivalent, two year degree/some college
preferred. Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS)
certification within first 9 months of employment.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.