Pediatric Occupational Therapist Assistant - Cornville
|Location:||Cornville , ME|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
The Occupational Therapy Assistant works as a member of the educational team in Spurwink’s Day Treatment Program. The Occupational Therapy Assistant’s primary
responsibility is to implement client-focused, meaningful and purposeful treatment developed from screenings and evaluations to assist students in accessing their education. The Occupational Therapy Assistant will be expected to participate in weekly supervision with the supervising OTR and/or Director of Education and Program Director as applicable. Being an active member of the program’s educational and residential team (when applicable) along with the Occupational Therapy team is an important aspect of this position. The supervision with the supervising OTR is a collaborative, team approach to implement the most effective OT services.
• Utilize the screenings and evaluations to create and implement treatment plans to maximize the potential of a student’s ability to access learning within the learning environment.
• Actively collaborate with appropriate team members on the Day Treatment, supervising OTR, Residential and OT teams.
• Provide required documentation in a timely and ethical manner. Documentation will include: daily progress notes, Quarterly Reports, IEP related documentation, collaboration wtih screening and evaluation reports, etc.
• Communicate with treatment team, supervisors, parents/guardians, students to develop purposeful and meaningful treatment sessions to target skill deficits and adapt/accommodate activities given the student’s mental and physical status at any
• Follow and adhere to agency policies, procedures, standards and expectations.
• Follow and adhere to AOTA and NBCOT policies, procedures, standards and expectations.
• Prepare and present any in-service material, trainings and/or consultation with educational, residential, administrative and/or OT teams.
• Travel to other day treatment programs is required of this position. Monthly OT
meetings, trainings and other in-services are required.
• Participate in mentorship with Spurwink Occupational Therapist. Time, location,
agenda will be determined after hire and with mentor.
• Associates Degree from accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
• Current State of Maine Licensure
• Current certification of National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
• 2+ years of pediatric and/or mental health experience in the field of occupational
therapy preferred but not required.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.