Child Abuse Pediatrician-CAP
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Spurwink Child Abuse Program is looking for a full time board certified/eligible child abuse pediatrician to join our multidisciplinary program that currently includes a board certified pediatrician and a child abuse nurse practitioner. The Spurwink CAP staff provides the following specialized services:
- Medical evaluations both inpatient and outpatient.
- Psychosocial evidentiary interviews of children by masters level social workers.
- Psychological evaluations of children and adults by doctoral level psychologists.
- Risk assessments for youths ages 12-18 with problematic sexual behaviors.
- Medical and mental health evaluations of children in southern Maine newly into foster care.
- Inpatient medical consultations at Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital in Portland.
- Indirect inpatient consultations throughout Maine.
Spurwink CAP also houses a Children’s Advocacy Center and provides medical consultation for children evaluated in CACs around the state.
The Child Abuse Pediatrician will:
- Perform medical evaluations of children at the Spurwink child abuse program for various forms of abuse.
- Perform medical evaluations of children at assigned outlying clinics currently staffed by a child abuse pediatrician or a nurse practitioner in Lewiston, Bangor, and Waterville Maine.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team discussions at Spurwink (which includes social workers, forensic interviewers, and psychologists who evaluate children and adults) and at BBCH family support team.
- Perform inpatient consultations at Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital (BBCH).
- Be available after hours when assigned to take emergency phone calls and when necessary evaluate children at BBCH.
- Participate in community outreach education and advocacy depending on availability and interest
- Provide support and direction to program nurse practitioner when necessary.
- Have consultation privileges at BBCH and Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- Have faculty position commensurate with experience at TUFTS affiliate BBCH.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
This position will have opportunities for Advocacy, Research, and Teaching.
Board certified/board eligible in child abuse pediatrics.
Spurwink is an equal opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|